Social

My Destiny's Game (3)

My Destiny's Game (3)


  ***
 We were talking on the phone one day when Rachel said:
 "Julian, I'll like to be with you, be your girlfriend." 

 That day, I was so happy I went round for the rest of the day with a big smile on my face.

 "At last! Why did it take her so long to accept you?" my friend and roommate, Phil said when I told him the news.

 "Better late than never!" I rejoined smiling adding: "I don't care how long it took as long as she has agreed to be mine!"

 "So, when is she coming to visit? I can't wait to see this babe that has made you so happy. I've never seen you this excited over a lady before!"

 I simply smiled and picking up my soap case went to the bathroom to take a shower.

  Rachael came a week later to visit and we had a swell time together. Being with her as a couple was magical and I knew within me that I never wanted to be parted from her again. I had found my Eve...

   Five years later...
   Time went by, the seasons came and went. I graduated, started work and began to make plans for my future. Rachel, who had gained admission to my former school to study Computer Science, was a strong part of that future. 

 Our relationship had been going well and in her final year, I proposed to her. I had made up my mind that she was the one I wanted to spend my life with, that there was no one else for me. 

 As I slipped the ring on her finger that day, I said: 
  "Please be my wife, my future, my everything. I love you Rachel."

  "I love you, too, Julian," she said as she slipped her arms round my neck. I hugged her tightly to me and kissed her sweet lips.

 My parents were happy with us when I broke the news to them. 

  My mother especially liked Rachel and stated that I had picked the right 'one'.

 "At least it's not the older sister who is all over the place with different men. Such a big flirt," she said scornfully as she and my Dad sat talking about the engagement and Rachel's family.

 "So, when are you two getting married?" Rachel's mother asked about six months after our engagement. The woman wanted us to set a date for our wedding as soon as possible, stating there was no need to delay it.

 "Ah, Mum! It's too soon! Besides, I'm still in school," Rachel said. 
 "What do you mean? You are both of age. I was 22 when I married your dad. And you are much older than that. The earlier you marry, the better, don't delay too long," she said emphatically.

 I assured her that we were already making plans, that as soon as Rachel completed her studies, we would marry.
  ***
 As soon as she left school, we began making wedding plans. We chose a date about six months ahead so that we could have enough time to make our plans. 

 It was during this period that something happened to Rachel.

 Unknown to me, Tony, my fiance's ex- boyfriend had returned from his base abroad. He had also contacted her and they had started seeing again. 

 I was unaware of all these until much later when we had gone far in our plans, when I was already dreaming about our future together. 

 How could this happen, you might wonder? Why would Rachel do that to me, someone that I loved so much and I had planned my whole future around? 

 Well, that's life; you make plans and something you never expect comes along to truncate them. In my own case, Tony was the enemy, the villain who wanted to destroy my happiness...


Watch out for the rest of the story coming soon!

To subscribe to www.beautifularewa.com sms update for free simple send an sms to 40404 with this word " follow mayor38" that is follow mayor38 to 40404

You can also follow us on Facebook

Remember to leave a comment - Or Send comments/suggestions to 08065190885 via sms or whatsapp. You can also join our whatsapp story group on 08065190885


Post a Comment

0 Comments