Social

Spoken Word: Tomorrow Never Came by Andrew Patience


Tomorrow Never Came by Andrew Patience
“I looked out the window of the bus, I saw the usual scene that has become a daily signature event. A cluster of young boys and girls running alongside motorists selling their wares. Their speed would dazzle even Usain Bolt. These children should be in school I thought to myself.

Then like a flash, I heard a sharp pitched scream, followed by the screeching of tires. Gush, a juvenile was crushed! It happened so fast.

Her scream left me broken for days knowing that she may never walk again. I wanted to write a story about her but couldn’t so I made it a narrative poem titled Tomorrow Never Came as a form of advocacy to stop and help others like her.” – Andrew Patience.

Post a Comment

0 Comments